Saturday 1 March 2014

BURDShell: Developer platform shell v1.0b

Years in thought and finally a reality to me and for everyone under the GPL3 license.
Follow the project's twitter feed!

Minor development history

Over 3 years ago, I started a document in my Google Drive called "BURDServer" and this would be my step by step installation of my server.  It was going to be a step by step installation of a server of my desired dedicated server environment.

January 2014, I restarted the project as a user friendly shell environment to help speed up development productivity, mirror production servers and assure the developer of recoverable version controlled backups.

25th January 2014, I added 'svn' support and created my first SVN repo from within the BURDShell.  (I sure geeked out a bit when this happened)
2nd February 2014, added shell project switching support within shell and outside.
19th February 2015, added installable apps
1st March 2014, I finally added OSx support


The shell consists of various common useful areas that a developer will always need.
(Sites, databases, repos, backups and apps).

Main features for v1.0b

b as in 'beta' as there are a few known issues still yet fully functional
  • Installs natively and virtually with Ubuntu (12.04 LTS desktop / server)
  • Installs natively on OSx (10.9.2)
  • Site management commands
  • Web server management commands
  • svn commands to help create repos and view log revisions
  • Installable apps (Currently only 'phpMyAdmin')
  • Network interface switching (For virtual machines - Experimental)
  • database commands
  • Backup commands for SVN repos and databases
  • Restore commands for SVN repos and databases
  • Shell project switching from within BURDShell and outside (shell.php [projectname])
  • Support documentation

Enjoy

Have a look at the demo and see what you think and if you like it, why not download and have play via the Github


No comments:

Post a Comment